Mail After Edit
3rd Party (Commercial)
Minimum EE Version: 3.1.0
EE Version Support
- ExpressionEngine 3
- ExpressionEngine 4
If an item is crossed out, it might be untested, not applicable or incompatible. Contact the developer to be sure.
- Multi Site Manager
- Stand Alone Entry Form
- Low Variables
- Content Elements
- Better Workflow
- jQuery for the Control Panel
This EE3/4 addon sends an email via Mailgun to an individual or member group after a channel entry is created or updated.
- Copy entire folder to your `system/user/addons` folder.
- On your EE backend, navigate to `Developer > Addons` (yoursite.com/admin.php?/cp/addons).
- Scroll to `Third Party Add-Ons`.
- Find `Mail After Edit` and click `Install`.
- Edit the config in the code to your settings!
Please note that you must have entry versioning turned on for whatever channels you are using this in.
This addon utilizes the Mailgun API to send the emails. This is easy and free for 50K emails per month.
In order to form an account, you will need to go to http://mailgun.com/.
You will need your sandbox or domain information for use in the addon.
All config settings are in the root folder of the addon in the `config.php` file. There are three primary settings.
This array contains your mailgun information. You can use either your sandbox account (if you are using this for internal use) or utilize your own domain. Instructions for this are available at http://mailgun.com/.
- domain: Domain for your Mailgun account. This can be either your registered domain or your sandbox domain.
- from: This is the email your email notifications will come from. If you are using a Mailgun sandbox account, this is the *registered* email address. If you are using your own domain, you can make this any email at your domain.
- key: Your API key for the domain you are using.
This array contains your channel information. The initial numnber, as you’ll see in the current example config, is the *Channel ID* for the channel you want to notify on. Each channel ID has an array associated.
- type: This can be set to *email* or *member_group*. Email is for individual email addresses that will be notified for a channel. Member Group will notify everyone who is a member of the assigned group.
- email: If the type is set to email, this is the email address you will send notifications to. You can do either a string value for email, or a PHP array.
- group_id: If the type is set to member_group, this is the group ID number of the member group you will send to. This information is available in your admin panel by navigating to `Members`, then `Member Groups`.
This array contains your message information. This allows you to edit the message that is sent to users, as well as the domain you are using (for easy linking).
- start: The starting line.
- end: The ending line
- config: The full domain name that you are using, without a trailing slash.
These fields will be skipped in emails, as they are not used that much and will email you way too much. Defaults to `entry_date` and `submit`. Add whatever fields you like by their field name (not field label).
Set it and forget it! Once you have all the information in your config file, it will automatically send the email anytime an entry in that particular channel is created or updated.
This entry was created April 23, 2018, 9:36 am.
This entry was last updated April 27, 2018, 1:24 pm.
Disclaimer: Information about ExpressionEngine add-ons is provided as a service to you, the user, and every member of the ExpressionEngine community. devot:ee is not responsible if you hose, mangle, wreck, or otherwise destroy your EE website by installing an add-on that you found out about at this site, regardless of its rating, Favorites status, commercial or free status, or general popularity. Caveat EEmptor!
Returns: devot:ee has a 30-day return policy on all commercial add-ons sold through devot-ee.com. If you need to return an add-on, do not go to the developer or the developer's site, but rather visit our returns page at https://devot-ee.com/returns to initiate your return. If you have questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
There are no reviews for this add-on yet.
What are you waiting for? Rate it and review it!