3rd Party (Commercial)
Current Version: 5.0.5
Minimum EE Version: 3.1.0
Release Date: Jan 4, 2017
Duration: 1 year
Renewal Price: $39.00
EE Version Support
- ExpressionEngine 2
- ExpressionEngine 3
If an item is crossed out, it might be untested, not applicable or incompatible. Contact the developer to be sure.
- Multi Site Manager
- Stand Alone Entry Form
- Low Variables
- Content Elements
- Better Workflow
- jQuery for the Control Panel
- fulltext, full text, relevance, search collections, collections, search index, index, search, filter, filtering, faceted search, range, range of entries, ranges, find, find and replace, replace, channel, distance, tag, tags, fuzzy, fuzzy searching, levenshtein, soundex, phonetics, suggestions, spelling
Low Search was chosen in December 2013.
Low Search is a powerful search tool for fast and relevant searches. Easy to set up, a breeze to maintain; Low Search is the go-to search add-on.
Low Search uses several filters to generate search results. The Keywords filter uses collections based on channels to create an index, to which a MySQL full-text index is applied. This makes keyword searches fast and adds relevance to results. Using custom search collections and indexes together with the full-text functions results in a number of useful features:
- Fuzzy searching using singulars/plurals or word stems;
- Keyword suggestions based on your site’s content;
- Sorting by relevance;
- Excellent performance when searching;
- Weighted searchable fields;
- Multiple collections per channel, allowing for separate indexes for different uses (multi-language sites, for example);
- Diacritic insensitive;
- Clean search indexes — html and punctuation are filtered out.
But it doesn’t stop with just the powerful Keywords filter. Other filters include:
- Categories: combining multiple grouped categories to enable combinations of AND/OR filtering;
- Distance: limit entries by a given maximum distance, based on latitude/longitude values;
- A beefed up version of the native Field Search filter, which also targets entry titles and even specific Grid/Matrix columns;
- Custom ranges, either by number or date;
- Relationships: filter by given parent or child entry, either native or Playa.
- Filter entries by their author’s member fields.
- Filter by Tags: both Solspace Tag and DevDemon Tagger are supported.
- Filter by Author fields.
- Filter by Grid/Matrix calculations.
- Filter Store products or Solspace Calendar events.
And on top of all that, you can save searches as shortcuts, view and export the search log, use the awesome Find & Replace utility, and much more.
Low Search requires EE 2.6+ or EE 3.1+.
→ For more information and documentation: go to Low.
If the add-on is an extension, and ties into ExpressionEngine's core files, it will use ExpressionEngine hooks. We are listing any hooks the add-on uses for developers to have an easier time locating other add-ons that they can reference for their own work.
This entry was created May 3, 2011, 7:47 am.
This entry was last updated January 4, 2017, 4:02 am.
Disclaimer: Information about ExpressionEngine add-ons is provided as a service to you, the user, and every member of the ExpressionEngine community. devot:ee is not responsible if you hose, mangle, wreck, or otherwise destroy your EE website by installing an add-on that you found out about at this site, regardless of its rating, Favorites status, commercial or free status, or general popularity. Caveat EEmptor!
Returns: devot:ee has a 30-day return policy on all commercial add-ons sold through devot-ee.com. If you need to return an add-on, do not go to the developer or the developer's site, but rather visit our returns page at https://devot-ee.com/returns to initiate your return. If you have questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.