3rd Party (Free)
EE Version Support
- ExpressionEngine 2
If an item is crossed out, it might be untested, not applicable or incompatible. Contact the developer to be sure.
- Multi Site Manager
- Stand Alone Entry Form
- Low Variables
- Content Elements
- Better Workflow
Ever changed one entry or template at the same time with another editor? No worries, this Lock Entry add-on will help you! It will lock an entry or template as soon as an editor starts editing this item, and every other editor will be warned about the item lock. Never overwrite each others entries or templates again!
Lock-Entry is now open source right now! Find more information at https://github.com/denvers/Lock-Entry
v.2.0 (20 oct 2012) (Thanks to ILija)
- Lock Entry now also locks templates!
- Locks are now based on session, instead of member id. This means locks still work if multiple users are logged in using the same account.
- Croatian language file added.
v.1.0.1 (24 sept 2012) (Thanks to Darrell)
- fixed minor bug for some (older) PHP versions where installation of Lock Entry could fail.
v.1.0.0 (12 sept 2012)
- released version 1.0
Features, at the editor side:
- Locks an entry or template when an editor starts editing,
- Auto updates the last activity of the editor,
- Still works while multiple users are logged in using the same account.
Features, at the other side:
- Shows a message if an entry or template is locked,
- See which editor (name and emailaddress) is responsible for the lock,
- Submit buttons are removed,
- Lock Entry prevents the form from being submitted,
- Fields are marked as read-only.
- Be sure to disable the Extension (via Add-Ons -> Extensions) before you install the new version.
- Copy the
lock_entryfolder into your
- Install the Lock Entry extension in ExpressionEngine via Add-Ons -> Extensions. Click Enable?, Select Install and click Submit.
- From now on, all entries will be locked automagically every time an Entry submission form (see picture) is loaded.
All entries and templates are locked as long as the editor stays at the Entry submission form (see picture) or template edit form. After the page is unloaded, either after submission or leaving the page, the lock will remain alive for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes the entry will be unlocked automatigally.
Have fun, and never overwrite revisions of entries of each other!
If the add-on is an extension, and ties into ExpressionEngine's core files, it will use ExpressionEngine hooks. We are listing any hooks the add-on uses for developers to have an easier time locating other add-ons that they can reference for their own work.
This entry was created September 17, 2012, 8:26 am.
This entry was last updated January 18, 2014, 4:09 am.
Disclaimer: Information about ExpressionEngine add-ons is provided as a service to you, the user, and every member of the ExpressionEngine community. devot:ee is not responsible if you hose, mangle, wreck, or otherwise destroy your EE website by installing an add-on that you found out about at this site, regardless of its rating, Favorites status, commercial or free status, or general popularity. Caveat EEmptor!
Returns: devot:ee has a 30-day return policy on all commercial add-ons sold through devot-ee.com. If you need to return an add-on, do not go to the developer or the developer's site, but rather visit our returns page at https://devot-ee.com/returns to initiate your return. If you have questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.