3rd Party (Commercial)
If an item is crossed out, it might be untested, not applicable or incompatible. Contact the developer to be sure.
- Multi Site Manager
- Stand Alone Entry Form
- Low Variables
- Content Elements
- Better Workflow
- jQuery for the Control Panel
Extension, Fieldtype, Module
Do you need to be able to assign members to more than one member group? Do you need control over who can access what according to the different roles they have? Then you are in the right place - HooBlong does what you need! Did you consider HooBlong previously, but could not use it because it lacked EE CP functionality? We have a beta V2.0 for you! Check it out. In real life your users seldom, if ever, have only one role at a time. So how can your website meet their needs by confining them to a single role/member group? You need HooBlong!
Your choice of powerful content access control methods, based upon:
- Targeted need-to-know settings
- Single or multiple group memberships
- Category/Member Group combinations
- Leveraging EE’s template access controls with HooBlongs multiple memberships
- Extending the functionality of EE’s Channel Parameter for more flexibility
- Combinations of methods for even more powerful member content management
- Front end entry CRUD capability
- Now, Version 2.0 Beta adds multiple memberships for EE Control Panel
What Does It Mean?
- Apply need-to-know access control at the site, group and the channel level, even down to individual entries
- HooBlong automatically applies clear rules for combining different member group permissions, while managing access control based on settings and parameters
- Manage access by category/group combination, which is unique to HooBlong, adding a completely new dimension to category functionality
- By leveraging EE’s Template Access Control system, HooBlong makes it easier to adapt your existing sites to the benefits of multiple membership
- For more precise control over content access, include channel parameters when using HooBlong’s entries tags; or omit channel parameters when you want HooBlong to list all accessible entries for the user subject to final access control by HooBlong
One Simple Example
You are selling content online, and have three content channels. You have no idea in what combinations your users will buy/subscribe. With HooBlong, you set up three user groups, 1, 2 and 3, each with access to a single channel - Group 1 can access Channel A, Group 2 -> Channel B etc.
HooBlong allows combinations of memberships for each individual user in a mix-and-match way, so individual users can access any combination of the three channels as required, without worrying about unforeseen access conflicts, overlaps, gaps and/or potential security problems.
To do this with native EE methods would require a minimum of 7 user groups; 3 for one-to-one permissions for each user/group combination; 3 for combining 2 sets of permissions in all the different ways; and another 1 for combining all three sets into one group.
With HooBlong you add/remove member groups for individual members as and when needed
If the add-on is an extension, and ties into ExpressionEngine's core files, it will use ExpressionEngine hooks. We are listing any hooks the add-on uses for developers to have an easier time locating other add-ons that they can reference for their own work.
This entry was created July 4, 2013, 6:28 pm.
This entry was last updated February 4, 2015, 4:51 am.
Disclaimer: Information about ExpressionEngine add-ons is provided as a service to you, the user, and every member of the ExpressionEngine community. devot:ee is not responsible if you hose, mangle, wreck, or otherwise destroy your EE website by installing an add-on that you found out about at this site, regardless of its rating, Favorites status, commercial or free status, or general popularity. Caveat EEmptor!