GroupDocs Document Viewer (Java Version)
3rd Party (Free)
5 downloads (last 90 days)
EE Version Support
- ExpressionEngine 2
If an item is crossed out, it might be untested, not applicable or incompatible. Contact the developer to be sure.
- Multi Site Manager
- Stand Alone Entry Form
- Low Variables
- Content Elements
- Better Workflow
- jQuery for the Control Panel
This HTML5-based document viewer enables you to display PDF, Word, Excel PowerPoint and over 50 other types of documents on your ExpressionEngine site.
GroupDocs.Viewer for Java Library
This plugin lets you integrate the GroupDocs.Viewer for Java library into your ExpressionEngine site. It’s a universal document viewer that can render over 50 types of documents, including:
- Portable Document Format: PDF
- Microsoft Word: DOC, DOCX, DOCM, DOT, DOTX, DOTM
- Microsoft Excel: XLS, XLSX, XLSM, XLSB, XML
- Microsoft PowerPoint: PPT, PPTX
- Microsoft Outlook: MSG, EML
- Microsoft Project: MPP, MPT
- Microsoft Visio: VSD, VDX, VSS, VSX, VST, VTX, VSDX, VDW
- OpenDocument Formats: ODT, OTT, ODS, ODP
- Plain Text File: TXT
- Rich Text Format: RTF
- Comma-Separated Values: CSV
- HyperText Markup Language: HTM, HTML, MHT, MHTML
- XML Paper Specification: XPS
- AutoCAD Drawing File Format: DXF, DWG (2004)
- Image files: BMP, GIF, JPG, PNG, TIFF
- Electronic publication: EPUB
Please note that this plugin integrates the downloadable Java version of the viewer. Unlike the cloud-based version which we released earlier, GroupDocs.Viewer for Java requires installation on your own server, but allows you to host documents locally.
1. High-fidelity text rendering. GroupDocs.Viewer allows you to choose between two document rendering modes. The default one rasterizes documents to images and extracts text from them and renders it in a separate layer on top of the rasterized backgrounds. The second mode converts documents to pure HTML+CSS markup and background images in the SVG format. Both methods provide native text rendering and ensure fonts stay sharp and clear when zooming in/out of documents in a browser.
2. Cross-browser support. Documents rendered with GroupDocs.Viewer can be viewed from any popular web-browser, including IE8+, Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera and their mobile versions. There is no need to install Flash or other plugins.
3. Convenient UI. GroupDocs.Viewer for Java comes with a web-interface that can be embedded to any web-page to display documents. The UI is designed to help users seamlessly navigate multi-page documents in a browser. In particular, it allows users to:
- Turn pages like slides at the click of a button.
- Jump to any page within the document.
- Search for, select and copy text to the clipboard.
- Zoom in/out of a document.
- Preview and navigate pages with thumbnails.
- Print and download the original file from a browser.
Please note that this plugin requires the GroupDocs.Viewer for Java library to be installed on your server first. A free evaluation copy of the library can be downloaded from the GroupDocs website:
Download GroupDocs Document Viewer (Java Version)
|EE Support||Downloads||Add-On Version||Release Date|
This entry was created September 25, 2014, 8:36 am.
This entry was last updated September 25, 2014, 8:37 am.
Disclaimer: Information about ExpressionEngine add-ons is provided as a service to you, the user, and every member of the ExpressionEngine community. devot:ee is not responsible if you hose, mangle, wreck, or otherwise destroy your EE website by installing an add-on that you found out about at this site, regardless of its rating, Favorites status, commercial or free status, or general popularity. Caveat EEmptor!
Returns: devot:ee has a 30-day return policy on all commercial add-ons sold through devot-ee.com. If you need to return an add-on, do not go to the developer or the developer's site, but rather visit our returns page at https://devot-ee.com/returns to initiate your return. If you have questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
There are no reviews for this add-on yet.
What are you waiting for? Rate it and review it!