Gmaps (Google Maps)
3rd Party (Commercial)
Current Version: 5.3.0
Minimum EE Version: 2.10.0
Release Date: Mar 27, 2017
Duration: 6 months
Renewal Price: $25
EE Version Support
- ExpressionEngine 2
- ExpressionEngine 3
If an item is crossed out, it might be untested, not applicable or incompatible. Contact the developer to be sure.
- Multi Site Manager
- Stand Alone Entry Form
- Low Variables
- Content Elements
- Better Workflow
- google maps, gmaps, polygon, geolocalization, geocode, route, rectangle, fusion tables, kml georss, geo, geo rss, georss, kml, maps, maps google, dynamic maps, circle, google route, geolocation, transit, elevation services, static maps, styled maps, cluster, geocode caching, google, goolge, cloudemade, stamen, openstreetmap
Always have trouble with the intergration of Google Maps on your site? Always struggling to get it work? Well, those days are gone with the Google Maps (Gmaps) plugin for ExpressionEngine. You can now easily create Maps, markers, polygon, routes and more! It support all major functionality of the Google Maps API and more will come.
Note: As for version 5.x, Gmaps stopped feature development on the EE2 branch but only do bugfixes. Gmaps Docs for version 4 and below can be found here
Breaking change: As for version 5.x, Gmaps changed a lot of Template tags, instead of using the method to do add markers, you have now only one tag for the map and multiple tags for markers, rectangles, circles and more. See the change log for the changes.
The following features are supported
- KML GeoRSS
- Layers (Weather, Transit, Traffic, Bicycling and Places)
- Elevation services
- Details for the route
- Static Maps
- Complex Markers
- Styled Maps
- Panorama map
- Stamen Maps: (Toner and Watercolor)
- Openstreetmap map type
- Cloudmade map type
- Search by address or latlng
- Caching the result to avoid problems with the Google limit on the queries
- JS API
- Geocoder API using POST requests
- Debug your results via EE native Template Debugging option.
- Geocoder can be used also in other apps
- Lightning fast
- and many more!
There is also an fieldtype available, see here!
For more information and examples, go to http://ee.reinos.nl/add-ons/gmaps/
Gmaps (Google Maps) Links
This entry was created July 3, 2012, 4:13 pm.
This entry was last updated March 27, 2017, 3:26 pm.
Disclaimer: Information about ExpressionEngine add-ons is provided as a service to you, the user, and every member of the ExpressionEngine community. devot:ee is not responsible if you hose, mangle, wreck, or otherwise destroy your EE website by installing an add-on that you found out about at this site, regardless of its rating, Favorites status, commercial or free status, or general popularity. Caveat EEmptor!
Returns: devot:ee has a 30-day return policy on all commercial add-ons sold through devot-ee.com. If you need to return an add-on, do not go to the developer or the developer's site, but rather visit our returns page at https://devot-ee.com/returns to initiate your return. If you have questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.