3rd Party (Free)
3 downloads (last 90 days)
EE Version Support
- ExpressionEngine 1.x
- ExpressionEngine 2
If an item is crossed out, it might be untested, not applicable or incompatible. Contact the developer to be sure.
- Multi Site Manager
- Stand Alone Entry Form
- Low Variables
- Content Elements
- Better Workflow
- jQuery for the Control Panel
**New EE2 version available! FreeChimp is a simple Freeform extension that will add a user to your MailChimp subscriber list if they check a checkbox (or other field type) in your form. This works well in contact forms or even a simple "join our newsletter" form in your sidebar or footer.
FreeChimp is a simple Freeform extension that will add a user to your MailChimp subscriber list if they check a checkbox (or other field type) in your form. This works well in contact forms or even a simple “join our newsletter” form in your sidebar or footer.
ExpressionEngine 1 INSTALLATION
- Be sure Solspace Freeform 2.5.3+ is installed and working
- Copy lang.freechimp.php to your sytem/language/english/ folder
- Copy ext.freechimp.php to your system/extensions folder
- Copy the extensions/freechimp folder and the 2 files in it to system/extensions/freechimp
ExpressionEngine 2 INSTALLATION
- Be sure Solspace Freeform is installed and working
- Copy the freechimp folder to your third_party folder
- Navigate to the Extensions page in your Control Panel and enable FreeChimp
- Click Settings
- Enter your MailChimp API key
- Enter the list ID for the subscriber list you want users added to (list > settings)
- Enter an email address for error emails to be sent to in case of communication error with MailChimp
- Create a working Freeform on your template
- Add these fields to the form:
* newsletter_subscribe (with value of y if user selects it)
If the user wants to subscribe, their information is transmitted to MailChimp as Freeform processes the form. From there, MailChimp will subscribe them to the list based on how it is setup in MailChimp. If it is double opt-in, this means the user won’t show up on the list until they click the link in the confirmation email.
On success or fail, the user simply is passed to the return page. Even if there was an error communicating with MailChimp, they will think everything is just fine. However, if you have entered an admin email address, an email with the user’s name and email will be sent to that address so the user can be added manually to the list. The error code will also be sent in this email for debugging.
Download Encaf FreeChimp
|EE Support||Downloads||Add-On Version||Release Date|
|Not Specified||Download||1.1||Jan 26, 2011|
|Not Specified||Download||2.0||Oct 3, 2012|
This entry was created January 26, 2011, 1:49 pm.
This entry was last updated October 3, 2012, 9:57 am.
Disclaimer: Information about ExpressionEngine add-ons is provided as a service to you, the user, and every member of the ExpressionEngine community. devot:ee is not responsible if you hose, mangle, wreck, or otherwise destroy your EE website by installing an add-on that you found out about at this site, regardless of its rating, Favorites status, commercial or free status, or general popularity. Caveat EEmptor!
Returns: devot:ee has a 30-day return policy on all commercial add-ons sold through devot-ee.com. If you need to return an add-on, do not go to the developer or the developer's site, but rather visit our returns page at https://devot-ee.com/returns to initiate your return. If you have questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
There are no reviews for this add-on yet.
What are you waiting for? Rate it and review it!