3rd Party (Free)
16 downloads (last 90 days)
EE Version Support
- ExpressionEngine 2
If an item is crossed out, it might be untested, not applicable or incompatible. Contact the developer to be sure.
- Multi Site Manager
- Stand Alone Entry Form
- Low Variables
- Content Elements
- Better Workflow
Import content from any mysql database directly into EE - Allows for data to be imported from a remote/local database table to Channel, Matrix and Expresso Store fields.
This module allows you to connect to a remote or local database and import that data into a chosen channel.
With compatibility for expresso Store and Matrix, it means you can now import data from a legacy system, either initially, or on a regular basis via a Cron task and populate your inventory.
Perfect for importing data from an old CMS / eCommerce system into Expression Engine. Due to the dynamic nature of the DataImport module you can now import content from any other mysql based CMS into EE in a single import.
We have successfully imported data from the following CMS databases - EE 1.xx / EE 2.xx / WordPress / Joomla / Drupal / CMSms
This item is no longer supported / in active development
Once installed, add your remote database connection information to the Remote DB Settings tab - this could be localhost / external connection.
Create a new Import from the Import List tab, you will see your database tables populated in a select field:
- Select the table you wish to import from
- If you need to join multiple tables to collate data, click the join link - the DataImport module will attempt to locate a common key (eg entry_id) - You can override this setting by manually changing the text field
- Select the channel you wish to import to. This will auto generate the fieldtypes set for this channel and allow you to select which column corresponds to which field. It is advisable to setup the required fields / matrixes before running the import
- Key - tells the module what field to use to check for duplicates. So every row will match by the key field. Eg: remote.sku=local.sku.
- Required - will not create record / entry if field is empty / null.
- Condition - will not create record / entry if condition is not met.
Finally, once all your fields are mapped, you can submit the import to save it.
The following features are due in subsequent releases:
- Import authors / comments
- Support for More 3rd party fieldtypes
1.7 - Added MSM, author_id
1.6 - Bug fixes
1.5 - Category Support / Entry_id as key
1.4 - Table Join Update
1.3 - bug fix for required entries
1.2 - Run import from CP
- Import entry dates & assign status
1.1 - Bug fixes, added option to join tables
Download Data Import
|EE Support||Downloads||Add-On Version||Release Date|
This entry was created June 28, 2012, 12:04 pm.
This entry was last updated January 20, 2015, 11:58 am.
Disclaimer: Information about ExpressionEngine add-ons is provided as a service to you, the user, and every member of the ExpressionEngine community. devot:ee is not responsible if you hose, mangle, wreck, or otherwise destroy your EE website by installing an add-on that you found out about at this site, regardless of its rating, Favorites status, commercial or free status, or general popularity. Caveat EEmptor!
Returns: devot:ee has a 30-day return policy on all commercial add-ons sold through devot-ee.com. If you need to return an add-on, do not go to the developer or the developer's site, but rather visit our returns page at https://devot-ee.com/returns to initiate your return. If you have questions, email email@example.com.