3rd Party (Commercial)
Current Version: 1.3.8
Release Date: Nov 19, 2013
EE Version Support
- ExpressionEngine 2
If an item is crossed out, it might be untested, not applicable or incompatible. Contact the developer to be sure.
- Multi Site Manager
- Stand Alone Entry Form
- Low Variables
- Content Elements
- Better Workflow
- jQuery for the Control Panel
CE Tweet enables you to display and consume Twitter in your ExpressionEngine templates
CE Tweet Is Awesome. Here’s Why:
- Display what you want. User timelines, favorites, custom searches, list timelines, and more…
- Customization. CE Tweet gives you access to more variables for your Twitter data than you probably knew existed, and allows you to display it just the way you want to. It also has some additional variables (like relative dates) to make working with CE Tweet even easier.
- Twitter Intents. Allow people to optionally interact with your tweets without even leaving your web page. They can reply, favorite, retweet, and much more…
- More Hits. CE Tweet leverages OAuth, which means you are permitted more requests per hour. Simply follow the setup instructions to get OAuth setup in a matter of minutes.
- Past Results. Have you ever had an empty space where your Twitter results were supposed to be? Maybe you hit your rate limit. Maybe too many days of inactivity had passed and the results were no longer available via the API. Well, that’s no longer a problem. CE Tweet will keep your latest results cached, so you will no longer have gaps in your pages.
- Caching. The add-on leverages a complex double caching system to make sure your templates are loading Tweets as quickly and efficiently as possible.
- Fieldtype. The fieldtype allows you to easily find and place particular tweets in your ExpressionEngine entries. It even allows you to order them the way you want.
- Examples. There are a ton of code examples (HTML and EE markup, with an example CSS file) to get you up and running quickly.
- Fieltype. A very flexible (Matrix compatible) fieldtype allows you to find specific Tweets (like customer reviews, questions, etc) and easily display them in your site.
- …and so much more
CE Tweet Links
This entry was created May 7, 2012, 6:17 pm.
This entry was last updated December 8, 2014, 5:02 am.
Disclaimer: Information about ExpressionEngine add-ons is provided as a service to you, the user, and every member of the ExpressionEngine community. devot:ee is not responsible if you hose, mangle, wreck, or otherwise destroy your EE website by installing an add-on that you found out about at this site, regardless of its rating, Favorites status, commercial or free status, or general popularity. Caveat EEmptor!
Returns: devot:ee has a 30-day return policy on all commercial add-ons sold through devot-ee.com. If you need to return an add-on, do not go to the developer or the developer's site, but rather visit our returns page at https://devot-ee.com/returns to initiate your return. If you have questions, email email@example.com.
Big props to Aaron for stepping in after the oAuth changes Twitter made to it’s API. We reimplemented our twitter feed for a client in less than a day. Thanks!
I’d say that this is the de-facto EE add-on for Twitter, in the same way that CE Image is for images. I found CE Tweet easy to setup, use, and configure. Excellent, and highly recommended!
CE Tweet is the only one to get, especially of you have clients that rely on Twitter. Tried a few free options, all missing one feature or another. This one does everything, incl searches, MSM, multiple query & lang filtering, and very fine-grain control. Herein, I’m only installing CE Tweet.
Fantastic. Easy and quick to get setup and running. Fully-featured, with more tags than you can poke a stick at.
Great add-on - Easy to use, responsive support, and works perfectly with V1.1 Twitter API.
I just want to echo what everyone else is saying. This is a fantastic Plugin, with some of the best documentation around. I had it working in no time. Lots of options - I’d give it 10 stars if i could!
Itopia Interactive 02.27.13
Holy cow that was easy! Besides being an awesome module, the examples included in the documentation made it even easier.
John Bacon 10.29.12
The best Twitter add-on I’ve found. Has a multitude of options and supports multiple users (unlike many others).
This is the way to do Twitter in EE; it’s so nice not having to wrangle several different add-ons to parse an RSS feed, turn #hashtags, @users and http://URL’s into links, generate a relative time (1 hour ago), and so on. Has lots of useful tags, support for lists, doesn’t need JS, etc.
Just used this and it works really well. A lot more options than the other “default” Twitter plugin.