3rd Party (Commercial)
Current Version: 1.10.1
Release Date: Nov 4, 2013
EE Version Support
- ExpressionEngine 2
If an item is crossed out, it might be untested, not applicable or incompatible. Contact the developer to be sure.
- Multi Site Manager
- Stand Alone Entry Form
- Low Variables
- Content Elements
- Better Workflow
- jQuery for the Control Panel
CE Cache was chosen in April 2012.
CE Cache allows you to store and retrieve parts of your templates (fragment caching via file-based caching, database, APC, Redis, Memcache or Memcached) or full-page static caching. Since much of the heavy lifting doesn't have to be run on every page-load, your performance increases can be astonishing. With fragment caching, you can also escape any parts of your cached code, so they remain dynamic (like logged_in conditionals for example). This enables you to enjoy the speed increases without sacrificing usability or functionality where you need it.
CE Cache is the premiere caching add-on for ExpressionEngine. It performs both static page caching and partial (fragment) caching. Here are some of the great things that CE Cache has to offer:
- Speed. CE Cache is fast, and generally results in much faster page loads.
- Flexibility. You can cache dynamic items globally (accessible by id from anywhere in your site), or non-globally (accessible by id per page). Additionally, you can cache entire pages using the static driver. You can also specify the cache times down to the second.
- Options. You can easily choose to use file-based, database, APC, Redis, Memcache, or Memcached partial (fragment) caching, or full-page (static) caching. You can choose which type of caching (driver) you would like to use on a global, site-wide, and/or tag basis. Multiple drivers can be picked for fragment caching, so if a method-call fails for whatever reason, it can fallback to the next driver down the line and try again until it succeeds.
- Plays well with others. CE Cache can work alongside the native EE caching. They can even be used in the same template together. Although, when using CE Cache, there really is no need to use any other caching (native or add-ons).
- Partial Caching. If you want to cache a huge chunk of content except for a few parts, you can easily escape that content so that it will remain dynamic.
- Cache Breaking. You can now specify individual item’s ids, items tagged with a certain word, or even items within a path to be deleted (and optionally refreshed again) when an entry from 1 or more channels is updated.
- Cache Refreshing. Non-global (local) and static items can optionally be refreshed after they are deleted, saving you from having to go back to the deleted URL(s) to manually refresh the respective page(s). You can also specify a delay from 0 to 5 seconds to remove and refresh each item, which spares your server the load of trying to recreate all the items at once.
- Convenience. There is an easy-to-use Control Panel UI for managing your cached content. Your cached items are organized into an intuitive hierarchy, and you can quickly find, view, and delete them for each of the supported drivers on an individual, path, site-wide, or driver-wide level.
CE Cache Links
If the add-on is an extension, and ties into ExpressionEngine's core files, it will use ExpressionEngine hooks. We are listing any hooks the add-on uses for developers to have an easier time locating other add-ons that they can reference for their own work.
This entry was created November 20, 2011, 7:47 am.
This entry was last updated December 8, 2014, 4:01 am.
Disclaimer: Information about ExpressionEngine add-ons is provided as a service to you, the user, and every member of the ExpressionEngine community. devot:ee is not responsible if you hose, mangle, wreck, or otherwise destroy your EE website by installing an add-on that you found out about at this site, regardless of its rating, Favorites status, commercial or free status, or general popularity. Caveat EEmptor!
Returns: devot:ee has a 30-day return policy on all commercial add-ons sold through devot-ee.com. If you need to return an add-on, do not go to the developer or the developer's site, but rather visit our returns page at https://devot-ee.com/returns to initiate your return. If you have questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.