3rd Party (Free)
90 downloads (last 90 days)
EE Version Support
- ExpressionEngine 2
If an item is crossed out, it might be untested, not applicable or incompatible. Contact the developer to be sure.
- Multi Site Manager
- Stand Alone Entry Form
- Low Variables
- Content Elements
- Better Workflow
This field type allows you organize your category groups as you would any other custom field type anywhere on your publish entries form. Additionally a filtered input is provided for long category lists.
Note: This addon is no longer being developed.
1.5.6 (2013-12-28) Bug fix - If channel had assigned category group which had been deleted, a sql error was thrown on channel fields screen
1.5.5 (2013–12–26) - Bug fix - Fix bug where under certain conditions a publish form might fail to save.
188.8.131.52 (2013–10–22) - Bug fix - Fixed error when channel had no category groups assigned.
- Improved - (Introduced in 1.5) Error notice if field group’s channel(s) have no assigned category groups.
- Bug fix - (Introduced in 1.5) If categories were not in Categories tab, edit links would not get moved
- Bug fix - (Introduced in 1.5) If field group was assigned to multiple channels, only one channel’s assigned categories would display
- Bug fix - (Introduced in 1.5) Fixed database issues under certain versions of MySQL
- Bug fix - (Introduced in 1.5) Moved filter back to top of list
1.5.1 (2013–10–2) - Bug Fix - Database error when creating new a new fieldtype
- New - Added “Hide edit link” option in field settings screen.
- Improved - Category group drop down only shows groups which have been assigned to the field’s parent channel.
- Bug Fix - Compatability with EE 2.7
- Improved - Better keyboard support for drop down select lists.
- Update - Moved JS to footer to follow EE 2.6 guidelines.
- New - Added “select” option as default for drop down list.
- Bug fix - now honors required fieldtype setting
- Bug fix - where under specific scenarios the edit link would not properly display
- Bug fix - js error when no category group is selected
- Bugfix - Conflict with channel images / Updated field settings save functions
1.2 (2012–10–23) - (New) now supports displaying category group as select list
1.1 (2012–10–19) - (New) now renders group_id in templates
1.0 2012–10–16 - Initial release.
- Place category groups logically within a publish entries page
- Make category selections required
- Add instructions for each category group
- Real time input filter (when list contains more than 10 items)
- Can display categories as select list for single choice category selection.
- Categories Edit link is placed directly below each category group vs. the bottom of the categories tab.
- No additional queries performed – all the action happens on the publish entries form using the DOM
Download Category Field
|EE Support||Downloads||Add-On Version||Release Date|
|Not Specified||Download||1.5.6||Oct 16, 2012|
This entry was created October 18, 2012, 11:37 am.
This entry was last updated March 29, 2016, 10:54 pm.
Disclaimer: Information about ExpressionEngine add-ons is provided as a service to you, the user, and every member of the ExpressionEngine community. devot:ee is not responsible if you hose, mangle, wreck, or otherwise destroy your EE website by installing an add-on that you found out about at this site, regardless of its rating, Favorites status, commercial or free status, or general popularity. Caveat EEmptor!
Returns: devot:ee has a 30-day return policy on all commercial add-ons sold through devot-ee.com. If you need to return an add-on, do not go to the developer or the developer's site, but rather visit our returns page at https://devot-ee.com/returns to initiate your return. If you have questions, email email@example.com.