3rd Party (Commercial)
Current Version: 0.9.7-beta
Release Date: Aug 6, 2013
EE Version Support
- ExpressionEngine 2
If an item is crossed out, it might be untested, not applicable or incompatible. Contact the developer to be sure.
- Multi Site Manager
- Stand Alone Entry Form
- Low Variables
- Content Elements
- Better Workflow
- jQuery for the Control Panel
Take a look at each and every step of EE template parsing with syntax highlighting and diffs. Find performance issues and parse order bugs with ease and save hours of time and frustration.
BiopsEE is on Sale 33% Off (Regular Price $29.99) while in Beta!
BiopsEE (Beta) is the debugging tool you always wish you had, allowing you (as a logged in Super Admin) to view every step of template parsing as processed by ExpressionEngine. And this isn’t just the major stages of parsing, but every single string replacement that occurs during template parsing.
BiopsEE presents itself as a developer console fixed to the bottom of the page. It exists inside an iframe, so you never have to worry about styles meant for the console interfering with the presentation of your site. In the console you will find a series of “cards” which present a view of the state of the template side-by-side with a unified diff! Oh, and did I mention it does syntax-highlighting on both the template and the diff?
With the fine-grained insights provided by BiopsEE, you can:
- Discover where your templates are parsing data when they are not needed, allowing you to refactor and increase page performance.
- Discover when and what is being cached in your templates, allowing you to optimize your caching strategy to achieve that balance between file access and sql query loads.
- Teach parse order to a new developer by showing them, not explaining to them.
- Investigate parse order idiosyncrasies that might normally waste hours of your time. Just look at what gets parsed when and gain the insight to fix it quickly and move on to your real work!
NEW IN 0.9.0-beta
BiopsEE has expanded to give you more information about what is happening in your templates. Cache writes and reads are now shown in the console, time ordered with the template modifications. No more mysteries with regards to cache! See exactly what has been cached, and at what stage of parsing.
In addition, tags that were previously being replaced with ugly hashes have been replaced with clearer labels that will show you a tooltip with useful information on hover.
To top it all off, log items that have accrued since the last step are now displayed with the relevant card. This change also allows you to use BiopsEE with template debugging off, clearing up your view.
Features to Look Forward To
The following are on the road map to the full 1.0 release.
- A much prettier console, with a slider to move through cards
- Ability to minimize the console
- Selectable syntax highlighting color schemes
- Lots of little details to improve your workflow
Exciting improvements to the functionality are planned for the 2.0 release and beyond.
- ExpressionEngine 2.4.0+ (yes, 2.6.0 as well)
- PHP 5.3+
- A modern browser (IE9+, Chrome, Firefox, Opera, etc)
Support is available via either the official Devot:ee forums or by email at email@example.com.
If the add-on is an extension, and ties into ExpressionEngine's core files, it will use ExpressionEngine hooks. We are listing any hooks the add-on uses for developers to have an easier time locating other add-ons that they can reference for their own work.
This entry was created March 6, 2013, 9:19 am.
This entry was last updated August 6, 2013, 9:27 am.
Disclaimer: Information about ExpressionEngine add-ons is provided as a service to you, the user, and every member of the ExpressionEngine community. devot:ee is not responsible if you hose, mangle, wreck, or otherwise destroy your EE website by installing an add-on that you found out about at this site, regardless of its rating, Favorites status, commercial or free status, or general popularity. Caveat EEmptor!
Returns: devot:ee has a 30-day return policy on all commercial add-ons sold through devot-ee.com. If you need to return an add-on, do not go to the developer or the developer's site, but rather visit our returns page at https://devot-ee.com/returns to initiate your return. If you have questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.