Zoo Visitor

ExpressionEngine 2

Back to this add-on's main page
View Other Add-ons From Discontinued

Using Zoo Visitor with Structure Addon

Support Request

Steve Holland
Steve Holland

I’m using Zoo Visitor for a Recruitment site I’m currently working on which will have two distinct types of users (I have two seperate member groups for permissions).

Staff Members (Login access to CP, add/edit/delete Blog Posts, Jobs Postings, etc).

Candidates (No Access to CP. Register on Front-end, edit their own profile, Apply for Jobs etc.)

What I want to do is to have two separate urls for the profiles for the two different groups.

I can accomplish the candidates section of the site fine using the standard Zoo Visitor templates. What I can’t seem to do is assign a specific template to the the staff member part. Ideally I want to have a page called /team/ which lists the entries from the Staff Members group and then have an individual page to show each entries details i.e. /team/john-doe/. This is totally separate from the candidate section which would have a url of /candidate/.

I use Structure for my Urls and normally I would just assign a Structure Url to the individual entry, but when I add/edit a Zoo Member channel entry the Structure tab and fields are missing. Is there a reason for this?

ExpressionEngine Zoo
# 1
ExpressionEngine Zoo

Hi,

Did you setup the Visitor channel as a structure listing?  You could also work with Freebie segments and use the url_title as segment http://devot-ee.com/add-ons/freebie

Cheers,
Nico

Steve Holland
# 2
Steve Holland

Thanks for the quick reply.

Yes, it’s setup as a Structure listing. That’s why I was surprised to see the Structure tab missing when I edit an entry. The Structure tab is present on all other channels, just not Zoo Visitor Member.

I was hoping to avoid using Freebie to fudge it, as I don’t see why Structure wouldn’t work in this instance.

ExpressionEngine Zoo
# 3
ExpressionEngine Zoo

Maybe try to reset the publish layouts?  We don’t do anything to publish layouts that would remove the structure tab, so that would be my best guess

Steve Holland
# 4
Steve Holland

That’s done the trick! Thanks a lot for the quick resolution.