ExpressionEngine 2

Back to this add-on's main page
View Other Add-ons From Discontinued

CartThrob integration with Zoo Visitor on Checkout Registration

Feature Request

Brendan Underwood
Brendan Underwood

Hi Nico

On a site I’m completing the scoping on at the moment, I’ll be using CartThrob as the ecommerce component for both normal product items and events. For Event purchasing, I need to also register the user at the same time. CartThrob has a couple of components to tackle this.

Firstly they allow one to map customer information fields to EE’s custom member data fields as outlined here:
http://cartthrob.com/docs/sub_pages/members_customer_data_overview

Secondly their {exp:cartthrob:checkout_form} tag has a ‘create_user’ parameter to take information in the checkout form and create a new member at the same time (including automatic login if the ‘No activation RequiredÂ’ setting is checked in Member Preferences.
http://cartthrob.com/docs/tags_detail/checkout_form/#par_create_user

Would love to see some form of integration between these two fantastic addons (kissing ass here).

Cheers
Brendan

ExpressionEngine Zoo
# 1
ExpressionEngine Zoo

Hi Brendan,

Is it an option to split the checkout in 2 steps as it can be quite overwhelming to add all the field in one page? 
If it is, you could setup a registration in step 1 and use the return parameter to redirect to the payment details where you already have the member details from his profile filled in. This can even be in hidden fields where you add the necessary order fields pre-filed with the member data. 

If you don’t require any registration confirmation, this should also be a clear and smooth checkout process imo.

This way you can even let them choose between multiple shipping adresses and use some javascript to populate the hidden order fields with the chosen address details. Should provide quite some flexibility this way.

Atm i’m working on a sync method for member fields to entry fields, which will bulk transfer existing profiles into entries.  I’m also thinking of providing a method which syncs a single member into an entry,  so that could come in handy here too.

cheers,
Nico

Ego Creative
# 2
Ego Creative

Hi Nico,

Did you ever build the functionality to sync a single user? As mentioned in the post above.

Thanks

Dave

ExpressionEngine Zoo
# 3
ExpressionEngine Zoo

Hi,

You could use the sync method {exp:zoo_visitor:sync} which triggers the same function as the one in the control panel for syncing existing member data to channel entries.  If there is a newly registered user and you trigger this, it will only transfer the new user

Cheers,
Nico