ExpressionEngine 2

Back to this add-on's main page
View Other Add-ons From Discontinued

Title field on other channels chaning to “Temp”

Support Request

maxbato
maxbato

Hi,

I have installed zoo visitor and it seemed to be working fine until I added a new channel (non member channel) and when I go to publish entries on this channel, the data in my title field changes to temp and the entry is not saved.

The only plugins I have installed are Wygwam, Assets, and Zoo Visitor.

Any help would be appreciated as this project is on a very small time crunch.

Thank you

Mike

ExpressionEngine v2.8.1
Zoo Visitor v1.3.32

ExpressionEngine Zoo
# 1
ExpressionEngine Zoo

Hi,

Is anything listed in the troubleshooting section of Visitor?  Do you have other Extensions installed (MX Title control for example) ?

Cheers,
Nico

maxbato
# 2
maxbato

Hi Nico,

The only extensions I have are what is listed above. From spending hours fiddling around with things and reading other posts, I beleve it comes down to having the Member Account field type being along side my other custom fields. I started doing this long ago because Ellis Labs thought they were doing everyone a favor by letting us bulid our different publish/edit pages by just using a single field group and use the hide field option on the edit/publish pages.

This of course has pros and cons and I guess this is one of the cons. Even if that field is hidden on another blog’s publish page in CP, since the way it tweaks the title field, it does this strange thing.

ExpressionEngine Zoo
# 3
ExpressionEngine Zoo

Hi Mike,

You have the visitor field listed in the fieldgroup of the other channel?  That explains a lot.  Still best though too use dedicated field groups for your channels, the publish layouts are more aimed toward different editor roles per channel