ExpressionEngine 1.x, ExpressionEngine 2, ExpressionEngine 3

Back to this add-on's main page
View Other Add-ons From Eli Van Zoeren

URL required when not a required field

General

ITU Webmaster
ITU Webmaster

Hi,

Firstly, this is a brilliant fieldtype so thanks!

I’ve just upgraded to 2.2.6 and now when I add or edit an entry and leave the VZURL field empty I get a ‘Please enter a URL’ message and am prevented from saving. Problem is that it is not a required field in the channel field settings so I’d like to leave it blank. I guess ideally it would check to see if it was required but otherwise is there any way of disabling this, else I guess I’ll just roll back to the previous release.

Cheers

ITU Webmaster
# 1
ITU Webmaster

Just to add, if I remove the default http;// it is possible to save the entry, but this is obviously not optimal.

Eli Van Zoeren
# 2
Developer
Eli Van Zoeren

Hi Gareth,

Sorry your having this problem… that’s definitely not the way it’s supposed to work. What version of EE are you running? Is this a standard channel custom field or a Matrix or Low Variables field? I have just been testing this and so far haven’t been able to replicate the behavior you describe. If you can give me any more information about what conditions it happens under, or even give me temporary access to your control panel to see the problem in action (you can email me at eli@elivz.com), I would love to get this fixed.

Thanks,
Eli

ITU Webmaster
# 3
ITU Webmaster

All solved. Fantastic support by Eli. Latest version (2.2.7) resolves this issue which was happening due to Chrome being overzealous in it’s native validation.