I’m getting the following error on the edit entry page in the control panel:

A PHP Error was encountered
Severity
Notice
unserialize(): Error at offset 0 of 12 bytes
Filename
vz_address/ft.vz_address.php
Line Number

I am running EE 2.6.1, PHP 5.3.10 and VZ URL 1.3.5.

The address fields still display properly and take the input properly.

Eli Van Zoeren
# 1
Developer
Eli Van Zoeren

Hmm, I haven’t been able to reproduce this error, but I just pushed a hotfix to GitHub that suppresses errors on that line. As you say, it should still work anyway. Let me know if this fixes things for you.

Chad Crowell
# 2
Chad Crowell

I have Zoo Visitor installed and get this as well when looking at the member’s entry in the zoo visitor channel. Once I save the entry, it goes away. Maven, do you have Zoo Visitor on your site?

Eli Van Zoeren
# 3
Developer
Eli Van Zoeren

Chad, Are you running VZ Address 1.3.5?

Chad Crowell
# 4
Chad Crowell

Yes 1.3.5

Chad Crowell
# 5
Chad Crowell

Anything further for this? I have a site to launch next week and this is still an issue. Just registered, activated, and have the issue:

A PHP Error was encountered
Severity: Notice
Filename: vz_address/ft.vz_address.php
Line Number: 312

A PHP Error was encountered
Severity: Warning
Message: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /Users/Chad/Repositories/hhc/site/system/codeigniter/system/core/Exceptions.php:170)
Filename: core/Common.php
Line Number: 412

Eli Van Zoeren
# 6
Developer
Eli Van Zoeren

Sorry, I’ve been traveling and lost track of this one. So the problem seems to be that your PHP installation is ignoring the error suppression operator (”@”). This would happen if you have “scream” turned on in your php.ini file. You might try looking in php.ini for a line like “scream.enabled = on”, and changing it to “off”. That should take care of things.

Unfortunately, there is no good way to replace the offending code. However it is actually there for backwards compatibility with older versions of VZ Address, so if this is a newish site you could also just delete line 312 and be done with it.

Let me know if either of those gets you straightened out.