Extension, Module

Archived
Forum
(read-only)

Stash

ExpressionEngine 2, ExpressionEngine 3, ExpressionEngine 4, ExpressionEngine 5, ExpressionEngine 6

Back to this add-on's main page
View Other Add-ons From Mark Croxton

Stash Multiple Nested Lists Within Each Other

Support Request

Dan Crystal
Dan Crystal

Hi,

I am currently using stash to create a list.

Within this list I have a channel entries tag pair, within this I have nested list.

Within this nested list I have a playa:parents tag pair and I am attempting to create another nested list within this.

The problem comes at the third nested list.

I currently have something similar to:

{exp:channel:entries site="default_site" channel="developments" disable="members_data|pagination|category_fields" limit="1" url_title="{segment_3}"}
{stash
:entry_id}{entry_id}{/stash:entry_id}
{exp
:stash:set_list:nested name="plot_{entry_id}" parse_tags="yes" parse_depth="2"}
 {exp
:playa:parents site="default_site" channel="plots" order_by="plot_number" search:plot_number="={segment_5}" search:availability="=5" limit="1"}
{exp
:playa:children site="default_site" field="property_style" parse_depth="2"}
{stash
:property_id}{entry_id}{/stash:property_id}

{exp
:stash:set_list:nested name="floor_plans_{entry_id}_{property_id}" context="{entry_id}" parse_tags="yes"}
                          {floor_plans}
                           {stash
:floor}{floor}{/stash:floor}

{
/floor_plans}
                      {
/exp:stash:set_list:nested}

{
/exp:playa:children}
        {
/exp:playa:parents}

{
/exp:stash:set_list:nested}

{
/exp:channel:entries} 

I think I the issue resolves around the {property_id} as ideally you need to use {entry_id} within the playa:children tag however I have also tried using context to target the specific {entry_id} within this tag pair and not the {entry_id} associated with the entries:channel.

Any help or tips would be much appreciated.

Regards
Dan

Mark Croxton
# 1
Developer
Mark Croxton

The problem there is that each pair of nested stash:set_list tags must have a unique 4th tagpart. It’s usually a good idea to make these relate to the list you’re setting, but they can be entirely arbitrary providing they are unique per tag pair: Eg:

{exp:stash:set_list:plots name="plot_{entry_id}" parse_tags="yes" parse_depth="2"}

{exp
:playa:parents site="default_site" channel="plots" order_by="plot_number" search:plot_number="={segment_5}" search:availability="=5" limit="1"}

{exp
:playa:children site="default_site" field="property_style" parse_depth="2"}

{stash
:property_id}{entry_id}{/stash:property_id}

{exp
:stash:set_list:plans name="floor_plans_{entry_id}_{property_id}" context="{entry_id}" parse_tags="yes"}
                          {floor_plans}
                                     {stash
:floor}{floor}{/stash:floor}
                          {
/floor_plans}
              {
/exp:stash:set_list:plans}

{
/exp:playa:children}
     {
/exp:playa:parents}

{
/exp:stash:set_list:plots} 

This is an EE template parser limitation btw. The unique 4th tagpart helps EE match the opening and closing tags of a pair.

Diana
# 2
Diana

To order our essay writer service, you’ll have to spend essay writing service  roughly 3-5 minutes. In return, you could enjoy 3-5 hours of free time in the evening because your essay will be taken care of by one of our essay writers.

jendy
# 3
jendy

I appreciate your aid and your prompt response. In order to 1001 games locate the specific folders to be placed in the top level third party folder, it turned out that I just needed to delve deeper into the reservation folder.