Socialee

ExpressionEngine 2

Back to this add-on's main page
View Other Add-ons From Shotwell Company

Random unauthorized_request errors

General

Ryan Vosburg
Ryan Vosburg

Sometimes randomly when trying to login using openid (just had this happen with facebook) I get the error

unauthorized_request

or

You must submit your username and password

This happens after infomation is sent to janrain and processing on the following page…

http://www.domain.mobi/index.php/members/openid_process

Other times it work’s just fine. Is this a janrain problem? If it is im finding janrain to be pretty unreliable!

Christopher Kennedy
# 1
Christopher Kennedy

Hi Ryan, I work for Shotwell and wanted to let you know that we are currently looking into this issue.

Is it possible you didn’t refresh the page on an unsuccessful login or hit back in the browser?

Ryan Vosburg
# 2
Ryan Vosburg

Thanks for the response.
Wish this was the case. Upon testing I have received a few complaints from users with the same errors. They seem to happen randomly and sometimes janrain even kicks things back saying can’t access at this time. Im wondering if janrain is having some issues.

Christopher Kennedy
# 3
Christopher Kennedy

Drat, I was hoping it’d be something simple like that. :-/

I’ve passed this along to our developer and will let you know what we come up with. Thanks for letting us know about the issue.

Ryan Vosburg
# 4
Ryan Vosburg

Seems like its more isolated to facebook also, I am having little trouble logging in with twitter.

Here’s URL of live site: http://bit.ly/mYr3Vq

Christopher Kennedy
# 5
Christopher Kennedy

Thanks for the link, Ryan. I just successfully created an account with Facebook on your site, so I am inclined to believe this is a Janrain issue, since the heavy lifting is taking place on their end. With that in mind, our developer *did* have one more comment:

Maybe it’s when they try to login from a non -www domain and get redircted to the www domain, that could cause the issue.

Do you know if that might be the case?

Ryan Vosburg
# 6
Ryan Vosburg

Having this happen again. hmmmm…

Getting these two errors with facebook

You must submit your username and password 

&

unauthorized_request 

I forget how we resolved this last time or it resolved itself? I am able to login successfully with twitter/linkedin etc…

Ryan Vosburg
# 7
Ryan Vosburg

This ended up resolving itself. Must be something on janrains end or facebook since they have been making a lot of changes in the last week or so. Still.. a response from shotwell would have been nice.

shotwell
# 8
Developer
shotwell

Hey Ryan,
We’re having some fun times getting support ourselves on an issue with EE2 and this post was brought to my attention, so I thought I’d follow up in the spirit of good support. We actually didn’t get any notification about your emails, so, um, I’ll have to take that up with Jacob. ;)

We’ve seen Janrain break down or spit back weird errors at times along the way. Usually by the time we jump in to start troubleshooting they’ve fixed it. I suppose that’s what happens when you’re playing middleman to 20 different auth providers.

Glad it sorted itself out though.
Tyler