Extension

Archived
Forum
(read-only)

Snaptcha

ExpressionEngine 2, ExpressionEngine 3, ExpressionEngine 4, ExpressionEngine 5, ExpressionEngine 6

Back to this add-on's main page
View Other Add-ons From Brian Litzinger

Failing security for logged in members

Support (Resolved)

pbrienesse
pbrienesse

Hi sorry to post I am sure I am missing something simple.

I have a channel:form set up all works well when you are not logged in to the cp. If you are logged in you get the “sorry you hav….” message on form submission. I have the ‘require captcha with logged in members’ option checked off under admin > captcha preferences. Anything simple I am missing. I dont have the exp:snaptcha:field tag in my form as channel:form is supported. I see in my inspector the ‘snap’ div is there and it works fine when not logged in. Any ideas?

Running EE 2.7.2 and Snaptcha 1.7

PutYourLightsOn
# 1
PutYourLightsOn

when you are logged in does the Snaptcha field also appear in the source code?

pbrienesse
# 2
pbrienesse

Yes it does

pbrienesse
# 3
pbrienesse

Well apparently it is all working now. I have been having random session issues with expression engine kicking me back to the control panel home when I save templates and such maybe that was causing some sort of issue I dont know or maybe I was just up too late.

Sorry for the hassle.

PutYourLightsOn
# 4
PutYourLightsOn

glad to hear it’s working now

Shane Robinson
# 5
Shane Robinson

Should the Snaptcha field NOT appear in source for logged in Members? Because it most certainly does!

Just now purchased and installed Snaptcha 1.7.1 on EE2.7.3 and several logged in users get error message on ALL form submissions:
Solspace User (snaptcha tag was added)
Tell a Friend
Channel Form

Had to quickly disable Snaptcha because it’s a very high traffic site and no forms can be submitted.  Now I’m not sure how to test except in the middle of the night during low traffic time…?

PutYourLightsOn
# 6
PutYourLightsOn

the Snaptcha code should appear regardless of whether you are logged in or not.

is this only happening for some users? Snaptcha requires that javascript is enabled, maybe that is the issue?

don’t you have a staging environment you can test on? i’d be happy to help you troubleshoot this if you can create some sort of testing environment.

Shane Robinson
# 7
Shane Robinson

Mahalo for the quick reply, Ben!!

Happing for all users regardless of browsers tested.

We just completed a migration to 2.7 from 1.7 and the dev was on my internal MAMP Pro setup. No current testing or dev environment. I will be happy to give you a temp SuperAdmin acct for you to poke around and see if you can quickly find what it might be?

Please register at http://www.herecomestheguide.com/myguide/registration/ , drop me an email at shane@barefeetstudios.com with your UN, and I’ll promote you to SA.

PutYourLightsOn
# 8
PutYourLightsOn

sent

AdamG
# 9
AdamG

We are also experiencing this issue with Snaptcha 1.7.1. We aren’t using modernizer js but are using a html shiv.

PutYourLightsOn
# 10
PutYourLightsOn

hi adam, this thread is marked as resolved, please create a new support request and provide some more details and i’ll do my best to help.

padstow
# 11
padstow

Ran across this thread because I was getting the “you must enter the words…” error with my Snaptcha on a Channel Form entry, Snaptcha 1.7.3 and EE 2.9 - I tried removing the html5shiv script call in my template and no longer got the error.  FWIW…