RSVP

ExpressionEngine 2

Back to this add-on's main page
View Other Add-ons From Exp:resso

Purchasing an Event?

Support Request

Lea
Lea

I basically want the option that only those that have paid for that particular event can RSVP. Possible with this add on?

Exp:resso
# 1
Developer

Hi Lea

Do you mean you would want an add-on to handle the payment etc? So more like a ticketing solution? It’s not currently possible with RSVP, though we are thinking of developing it more as a full ticketing solution in the future.

Lea
# 2
Lea

More or less. SimpleCommerce that ships with ExpressionEngine allows you to specify entries as “products” and since RSVP places events in channels, I was thinking there might be a way to bridge the two? Thoughts?

# 3
Developer

Hmm. I haven’t really used SimpleCommerce, but can it generate a list of users who purchased a product? In that case, you wouldn’t really need RSVP at all..

Lea
# 4
Lea

Hi Crescendo: no, currently SimpleCommerce’s tags are limited to just listing the sale items and getting it to generate paypal links ie. just generating the front-end store. http://expressionengine.com/user_guide/modules/simple_commerce/index.html

There’s some limited functionality for exporting and viewing purchases in Simple Commerce, but it’s for ALL purchases. We can’t have data for just one purchase/event.

My needs for administrators would also to have attendee lists ONLY for admins, with membership data. And also a page where ONLY events that have been RSVPd are listed, not all events, etc.

# 5
Developer

It sounds like RSVP in its current form won’t really be useful to you I’m afraid. We do have plans to build it into a ticketing solution in future, however I doubt this will be ready in time for your project. Depending on your needs, it might be worth looking at a hosted ticketing solution and integrating that into your site?

Lea
# 6
Lea

No problemos. The particular project to have commerce capabilities isn’t until October, anyway, but gotta figure out what solutions might be available in the interim. :)

# 7
Developer

Ok, in that case we may have something by then. Keep us in mind, and send me an email if you like (support@crescendo.net.nz) as we may have a product for you to test :)

interface
# 8
interface

Hi

just chiming in to see whether there is any progress on the above. Trying to avoid to eventbrite etc.

Cheers

# 9
Developer

Unfortunately we haven’t had any time to work on this. However, it is possible to use our Store module for ticketing (and a few people are doing this that I know of). You can limit the stock for a product to prevent over-selling your event. If you have any specific requirements, post on Get Satisfaction and we can answer your questions.