ExpressionEngine 2

Back to this add-on's main page
View Other Add-ons From John D. Wells

Queuing across includes

Support Request

JUK
JUK

Hi John,

is it possible to queue scripts for minimization across templates, e.g. embeds?

For example, I have some JS files in {embed=“includes/footer”} but others are in another embed.

Can I queue them and have the final output in the master template (without using another plugin)?

There’s a similar request here.

John D Wells
# 1
Developer
John D Wells

Hi JUK,

Sorry for the delay in replying, busy week so far!

Queuing can absolutely happen across templates - that’s what it’s intended for.  The post you’ve mentioned is slightly different in that it was asking specifically about having Minimee process inline javascript, which is not supported and will not be (technical & performance hurdles prevent this from being a reasonable ability).

Have a look at the examples in the docs (http://johndwells.github.com/Minimee/), specifically the section titled “Queueing + Display”.  This demonstrates how to go about queueing templates across templates.

if you are running EE2.4+, you can also specify the order in which your queue’d files are processed by Minimee - I’ve dubbed that “The Croxton Queue” in honour of Mark Croxton for being the first to demonstrate how it’s possible.  That technique is outlined in the docs as well, titled “The ‘Croxton Queue’ for EE2.4+”.

Have a look at those docs, and let me know how you get on!

Cheers,
John