Entry Layout

ExpressionEngine 2

Back to this add-on's main page
View Other Add-ons From Benjamin David

Problem Installing

Support Request

Hix M
Hix M

I am having trouble installing the extension. After I upload the files to the third_party folder, I go to the Extension Manager page and get the following errors:

A PHP Error was encountered
Severity: User Notice
Message: Class Entrylayout_ext does not exist in (Z:\www\Business-Website\peekpavement.business-website.com\peek/expressionengine/third_party/entrylayout/ext.entrylayout.php)
Filename: cp/addons_extensions.php
Line Number: 110

Severity: Warning
Message: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at Z:\www\Business-Website\peekpavement.business-website.com\peek\expressionengine\third_party\entrylayout\ext.entrylayout.php:150)
Filename: core/Common.php
Line Number: 424

I can install and use other extensions with no problem. I’m on a Windows server. The path with the mixed slashes seems like it could be the problem but other extensions are working and I don’t know how to change this.

Benjamin David
# 1
Developer
Benjamin David

This is weird, the lines given in the error don’t seem to match anything strange in the code. Could you please give me more details on your configuration (PHP Info, ExpressionEngine version), it would help very much fix your problem.

myles cameron
# 2
myles cameron

Hi i have just downloaded this extension and am having the same issue…

Severity: User Notice

Message: Class Entrylayout_ext does not exist in (/home/myles/Projects/OFC/git/src/build/OFC/expressionengine/third_party/entrylayout/ext.entrylayout.php)

Filename: cp/addons_extensions.php

Line Number: 108

Severity: Warning

Message: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/myles/Projects/OFC/git/src/build/OFC/expressionengine/third_party/entrylayout/ext.entrylayout.php:204)

Filename: core/Common.php

Line Number: 409

I only have this issue locally as on my server it is running correctly. The server is running on a differnt version of PHP.

Local PHP version: 5.3.5-pl0-gentoo
Server PHP version: 5.3.6

myles cameron
# 3
myles cameron

ok its not the PHP version as i have upgraded my local to the same as on the server. Any ideas?

Benjamin David
# 4
Developer
Benjamin David

This problem was caused by a bug with PHP short tags. You can download the fixed version of the add-on there :

https://github.com/dukt/addon.eecms.entry-layout