Support (Resolved)

Rich H
Rich H

This module is broken in 2.8.1

Depreciated CP classes

$this->EE->cp->set_variable('cp_page_title'lang('page_title')); 
but having replaced these with
$this->EE->view->cp_page_title '...' 
I can access the module settings but nothing is displayed client-side when using the default tags
{exp:crumb_brulee:crumbs} 

in my template.

Looking forward to a fix soon.

David DeHaan
# 1
David DeHaan

Thanks Rich—I’ll get this fixed immediately.

David DeHaan
# 2
David DeHaan

Rich,

I’ve uploaded version v1.0.4—it works correctly for me on EE 2.8.1.

Rich H
# 3
Rich H

Thanks David, working perfectly now - great to have this addon backup and running.

Thanks so much for the rapid turnaround.

Rich H
# 4
Rich H

Hi David,

Sorry but I spoke too soon. I have upgraded to v1.04 and now when i try to access the module tab within my CP I get the following errors:

A PHP Error was encountered

Severity
Warning

: include(/system/expressionengine/third_party/crumb_brulee/language/english/lang.crumb_brulee.php): failed to open streamPermission denied

Filename
core/EE_Lang.php

Line Number

A PHP Error was encountered

Severity
Warning

: include(): Failed opening '/system/expressionengine/third_party/crumb_brulee/language/english/lang.crumb_brulee.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:')

Filenamecore/EE_Lang.php

Line Number

An Error Was Encountered
Unable to load the requested language file
language/english/crumb_brulee_lang.php 
Rich H
# 5
Rich H

FYI, I made a couple of edits in v1.0.1 to replace the two depreciated CP classes and got it to work but in 1.0.4 it appears there is something else that has been changed that is contributing to the errors above.

Ryan Masuga
# 6
Developer
Ryan Masuga

Rich, is it OK if we contact you via email to finish up the fixes for this?

David DeHaan
# 7
David DeHaan

It looks like a permissions issue on the file, Rich—can you email me at david@masugadesign.com so I can look into this further with you?

Rich H
# 8
Rich H

Sorry for not getting back to you more quickly. I will have a fiddle around with the file permissions this evening and let you know how I get along. I really appreciate your help.

Rich H
# 9
Rich H

I checked my EE_Lang.php file in the /expressionengine/core directory and permissions were set to 644. I have changed these to 755 and this has resolved the issue.

Thanks very much for the help and sorry for the run around to get to the bottom of this.