hossein
hossein

hi everyone
this is my code and it’s not working in inner ce_image tag:

<ul class="thumb-container">

{art_gallery}

<li  class="thumb">
                  <
class="fancybox-buttons" data-fancybox-group="button" href="{exp:ce_img:single src='{art_gallery:image}' url_only='yes'}">

{exp:ce_img:single src="{art_gallery:image}" width="110" height="110" crop="yes" attributes="alt='{if gallery:alt}{gallery:alt}{if:else}my website image-{title}{/if}'"}

</a>
        </
li>

{/art_gallery}
</ul

but when i delete “width”, “height” and “crop” parameters it works, but it does not crop the image.
please help
thanks

Causing Effect - Aaron Waldon
# 1
Developer

Hi hossein!

The first CE Image tag would basically just return the URL of the image, since no manipulation is really happening there (no parameters are being set to manipulate the image). The second tag looks fine, but there isn’t really a need to use the attributes= parameter, as any attributes defined in the tag will automatically be added to the HTML image tag that CE Image outputs:

<ul class="thumb-container">

{art_gallery}

<li  class="thumb">
  <
class="fancybox-buttons" data-fancybox-group="button" href="{exp:ce_img:single src='{art_gallery:image}' url_only='yes'}">

{exp:ce_img:single src="{art_gallery:image}" width="110" height="110" crop="yes" alt="{if gallery:alt}{gallery:alt}{if:else}my website image-{title}{/if}"}

</a>
 </
li>

{/art_gallery}
</ul

So what exactly is happening? The tag just doesn’t show up? Does your server meet the system requirements and pass the Compatability Verification test? What debug information do you get?

Please let me know what you find out!

hossein
# 2
hossein

actually ce_image works well in other pages, but the problem in this section is about second ce_image tag. it doesn’t work and it shows empty “a” tag :

<li  class="thumb">
         <
class="fancybox-buttons" data-fancybox-group="button" href="/library/uploads/artworks/01.jpg">

</
a>
</
li>

<
li  class="thumb">
         <
class="fancybox-buttons" data-fancybox-group="button" href="/library/uploads/artworks/02.jpg">

</
a>
</
li>

<
li  class="thumb">
         <
class="fancybox-buttons" data-fancybox-group="button" href="/library/uploads/artworks/03.jpg">

</
a>
</
li

but the point is when i delete “width”, “height”, “crop” parameters it works and displays the image in original size.
expressioengine version : 2.7.3
ce_image version : 2.4.5

# 3
Developer

but the point is when i delete “width”, “height”, “crop” parameters it works and displays the image in original size.

Well, if you delete all of the manipulation parameters, then the image doesn’t need to be processed. It’s basically just showing the original. That’s expected behavior.

What we really want to know, is the reason the image is not showing up when the parameters are actually there. That’s why I asked you about the debug information. Please look into that and let me know what you find out. :)

If CE Image is working on other pages, it’s possible that the server has no compatibility issues, but it wouldn’t hurt to run the Compatibility Verification script to check that out either.

hossein
# 4
hossein

i just checked the host, the thumbnail was created for all images in “_thumb” folder, but the names are same as original names, and there is no sizes as postfix at the end of the file name, i think they are not cropped thumbnails, i don’t know what do with this problem

# 5
Developer

I believe the _thumb folders are created by the EE file manager and/or Assets, but that isn’t really pertinent.

What we need to know is what debug information CE Image is giving regarding why the image is not being made. Please follow the Debugging instructions here, and let me know what debug messages are being returned for the image(s) that are not working.

hossein
# 6
hossein

thanks for your suggest, when i enable debugging mode, it showed this error:
“unable to open for writing permission denied”
i checked the folder permission but not working, then i created a new folder and it works very well
thank you Aaron

# 7
Developer

Awesome. Glad you got it sorted, hossein. :)