Plugin

Archived
Forum
(read-only)

CE Image

ExpressionEngine 1.x, ExpressionEngine 2, ExpressionEngine 3

Back to this add-on's main page
View Other Add-ons From Causing Effect

Images not showing at all since moving to Nexcess.. 

Support (Resolved)

Brian Coult
Brian Coult

Hi there..

Have looked through the other comments with Nexcess issues, but none of that seems to help…  this is on a SUBDOMAIN of a main site for testing and everything else within the site is working nicely… themes are showing and other add-ons are working..

But anything within the CE image tags is just not showing anything at all.. I’ve checked the MADE / REMOTE folders and they are in place, but again nothing is been created in them…

I’ve added the following to the config.php file but no luck with that either… so bit stuck

$config['ce_image_document_root''/chroot/' $_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT']
Brian Coult
# 1
Brian Coult

Had a look in the debug and I’m getting the following…

(0.230188 / 10.41MB)  ***  CE Image debug: Base path: ‘/chroot/home/etheyaco/etheya.com/html/’
(0.230205 / 10.41MB)  ***  CE Image debug: Source image: ‘/assets/img/content/landscape-gallery/Mypatch_08.jpg’, Fallback image: ‘’
(0.230217 / 10.41MB)  ***  CE Image debug: Source image is not readable or does not exist: ‘/assets/img/content/landscape-gallery/Mypatch_08.jpg’.
(0.230226 / 10.41MB)  ***  CE Image debug: Fallback source image is not readable or does not exist: ‘’.

but if i go to the source url for the image it shows… so I’m a little confused… to say the least..

Brian Coult
# 2
Brian Coult

Okay I’ve changed the part in the config.php file from

// $config['ce_image_document_root'] = '/chroot' . $_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT']; 

to

$config['ce_image_document_root''/home/etheyaco/domain/html/subdomain' 

and everything works…  doesn’t seem to be a straight forward way of doing this each time tho…

Causing Effect - Aaron Waldon
# 3
Developer

Hi Brian!

Glad you got it sorted.

doesn’t seem to be a straight forward way of doing this each time tho…

This is not something you generally need to do, but the config override is very useful for overriding the default behavior. Your setup is in a subdomain, and the server’s document root is not pointing there as typically expected. If you know of a more straight forward way of getting PHP to guess where your subdomain’s document root is located, I’d be happy to implement it.

Brian Coult
# 4
Brian Coult

its very up and down like with Nexcess… I’ve just dropped it in another site and I’ve actually had to do it this way on that one…

$config['ce_image_document_root''/chroot/home/etheyaco/domain/html/subdomain' 

Which is different again…

# 5
Developer

Interesting. This has always worked for me on Nexcess EE sites:

$config['ce_image_document_root''/chroot' $_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT']