CE Cache

ExpressionEngine 2, ExpressionEngine 3

Back to this add-on's main page
View Other Add-ons From Causing Effect

Can’t Clear Tagged (or untagged) Items

Support Request

MacObserver
MacObserver

My question is really two questions. The bug/issue is first.

We use CE Cache on a site with tens of thousands of articles. We tag each article with both its {entry_id} as well as the proper {segment_*} that effectively becomes its {url_title}. This works well, and ensures that cached entries are updated even if {entry_id} is missing (say, because it was cached as a 404 page before the entry ID existed). This works great.

Problem is with tens of thousands of articles each getting at least two tags apiece, this means we have, say, 50,000 unique tags (or more). Going to “Clear Tagged Items” in the EE interface then pulls up a page with 50,000 (or more) checkboxes and every browser I’ve tried just craters at this point.

I’d love to see that UI change to something paginated, searchable, etc. It would be great to be able to manually enter a tag that I’d like to clear without having to see a list. Possible?

And while we’re at it — as we learn more about CE Cache and work with it, we’re constantly iterating on our code and putting more appropriate tags in places where they weren’t before. As such I know we currently have a scenario where we have a healthy amount of untagged articles that I’d like to force a refresh on. Is there a way to do that without simply deleting EVERY item in the cache?

Thanks!
-Dave