3rd Party (Commercial)
Current Version: 1.7
Release Date: Sep 26, 2013
If an item is crossed out, it might be untested, not applicable or incompatible. Contact the developer to be sure.
- Multi Site Manager
- Stand Alone Entry Form
- Low Variables
- Content Elements
- Better Workflow
- Entry API
Snaptcha was chosen in October 2013.
Snaptcha is an invisible captcha and will be the last time you will ever have to think about protecting your forms from spam bots.
Snaptcha (Simple Non-obtrusive Automated Public Turing test to tell Computers and Humans Apart) is an invisible captcha and will be the last time you will ever have to think about protecting your forms from spam bots.
Snaptcha will automatically add a hidden field to your forms and will validate it on submission. If it determines that a spambot is attempting to submit the form then it will prevent the form from being submitted and will output an error message. You can control the level of security as well as the error message text.
The following forms are supported:
- Comment form
- Safecracker form
- Channel form (since EE 2.7)
- Forum submission form
- Freeform form
- Zoo Visitor registration form
- ProForm form
- DevDemon Forms
- Member registration form
- User Module registration form
- FreeMember registration form
- Threaded Comments form
- Google Custom Search form
- Email Form
- Solspace Rating form
- IntoEEtive Stand-Alone Member Register
Comparison with Honeypot
Latest Updates (full changelog)
- Added support for Proform (v1.6)
- Added template tag for Snaptcha field and ability for developers to integrate into their add-ons (v1.5)
- Added support for User Module and Zoo Visitor (v1.4)
- Added optional logging of rejected form submissions (v1.3)
- Fixed bug in new forum topic form (v1.2.1)
- Added support for Forum Submission forms (v1.2)
- Added support for Member Registration forms (v1.1)
Out with the Spam! Snaptcha for ExpressionEngine
Avoiding CAPTCHA With ExpressionEngine
This entry was created January 12, 2012, 1:17 pm.
This entry was last updated October 3, 2013, 1:48 pm.
Disclaimer: Information about ExpressionEngine add-ons is provided as a service to you, the user, and every member of the ExpressionEngine community. devot:ee is not responsible if you hose, mangle, wreck, or otherwise destroy your EE website by installing an add-on that you found out about at this site, regardless of its rating, Favorites status, commercial or free status, or general popularity. Caveat EEmptor!