3rd Party (Commercial)
If an item is crossed out, it might be untested, not applicable or incompatible. Contact the developer to be sure.
- Multi Site Manager
- Stand Alone Entry Form
- Low Variables
- Content Elements
- Better Workflow
- Entry API
- jQuery for the Control Panel
Extension, Fieldtype, Module
Multiple Memberships with Need-to-Know Access Control. With HooBlong you can assign individual users to any number of available user groups so that their access permissions are combined in a logical way. HooBlong also provides two new access control features; Need-to-Know Access Control and Category-based access control. Access security can be managed at both the template level and the content level, or independently at either level. Explore the features at www.debeer.com
- Assigns multiple memberships or roles to individual users
- Does not affect familiar EE Control Panel operation - all features work via the front end
- Adds Create, Update & Delete (CUD) to existing Read capability to the front end for a complete content CRUD capability
- Secures content access on a need-to-know basis, depending upon assigned roles
- Tailors need-to-know policy for each site, channel and member group separately
- Adds content access control by Category and Member Group to native EE capabilities, similar to EE’s Status/Group control
Some of the Powerful New Capabilities Added to EE by HooBlong
- Now you have complete need-to-know access control at the site, group and the channel level, even down to individual entries
- Control access by category/group combination, just like for EE’s status/group combinations
- By leveraging EE’s Template Access Control system, HooBlong makes it easier to adapt your existing sites to multiple group memberships without having to redesign them
- Include channel parameters for more precise control over content access, subject to final access control by HooBlong. Omit channel parameters when you want HooBlong to present all accessible channels for the user
Your customer is selling content online, and has three content channels. They have no idea in what combinations their users will buy/subscribe. With HooBlong, they just set up three user groups, 1, 2 and 3, each with access to a single channel - Group 1 can access Channel A, Group 2 -> Channel B etc.
HooBlong allows combinations of memberships for each individual user in a mix-and-match way, so individual users can access any combination of the three channels as required, without worrying about unforeseen access conflicts, overlaps, gaps and/or potential security problems.
To do this with native EE methods would require a minimum of 7 user groups; 3 for one-to-one permissions for each user/group combination; 3 for combining 2 sets of permissions in all the different ways; and another 1 for combining all three sets into one group.
With HooBlong you just add/remove member groups to an individual member as needed.
Buy V1.1.5 Online
Latest Version - V1.1.5 - IMPROVED - HooBlong now works harder to respect specified channel parameters, only filtering out channels with access levels greater than the user’s computed access level. If no channel parameters are specified, then all channels with access levels less than or equal to the user’s computed access level are combined with any assigned channels into a composite channel parameter. This allows designers greater control over channel content by setting channel parameters, while allowing HooBlong to serve up all accessible channels when the channel parameter is omitted.
HooBlong works well with HooKan to manage member group permissions.
If the add-on is an extension, and ties into ExpressionEngine's core files, it will use ExpressionEngine hooks. We are listing any hooks the add-on uses for developers to have an easier time locating other add-ons that they can reference for their own work.
This entry was created July 4, 2013, 7:28 pm.
This entry was last updated July 2, 2014, 3:54 pm.
Disclaimer: Information about ExpressionEngine add-ons is provided as a service to you, the user, and every member of the ExpressionEngine community. devot:ee is not responsible if you hose, mangle, wreck, or otherwise destroy your EE website by installing an add-on that you found out about at this site, regardless of its rating, Favorites status, commercial or free status, or general popularity. Caveat EEmptor!
There are no reviews for this add-on yet.
What are you waiting for? Rate it and review it!