3rd Party (Commercial)
Current Version: 1.8.0
Release Date: Aug 28, 2013
If an item is crossed out, it might be untested, not applicable or incompatible. Contact the developer to be sure.
- Multi Site Manager
- Stand Alone Entry Form
- Low Variables
- Content Elements
- Better Workflow
- Entry API
- jQuery for the Control Panel
DataGrab is the new, improved way to import data into ExpressionEngine 2.
DataGrab makes importing data:
Easier. Imports are set-up using a simple step-by-step module.
More powerful. Subsequent runs of the import can now update values that have changed, along with even more features.
More flexible. A new plug-in mechanism makes it easier to create new types of import of different types of data.
Why use DataGrab?
Among the countless uses are:
- Importing initial content into a new site
- Aggregating data from your various websites from around the internet, such as twitter or flickr (using RSS feeds or APIs)
- Keeping product stock or price details synchronised with an external system
If you want to harness EE’s powerful, built-in functionality (flexible templating, search, archives), DataGrab makes your data easily available as a channel entry.
Summary of features
- Import data from RSS/ATOM feeds, CSV files and XML files. Other datatypes can be added.
- Map data values to a channel’s custom fields
- Assign categories to each entry
- Assign entries to an author
- Imports can be saved and re-run — ideal for a tumblelogr
- Entries can be updated if the source data changes — keep data synchronised
This entry was created June 4, 2010, 4:57 pm.
This entry was last updated August 28, 2013, 10:49 am.
Disclaimer: Information about ExpressionEngine add-ons is provided as a service to you, the user, and every member of the ExpressionEngine community. devot:ee is not responsible if you hose, mangle, wreck, or otherwise destroy your EE website by installing an add-on that you found out about at this site, regardless of its rating, Favorites status, commercial or free status, or general popularity. Caveat EEmptor!