Blis Download File
3rd Party (Free)
105 downloads (last 90 days)
- Multi Site Manager
- Stand Alone Entry Form
- Low Variables
- Better Workflow
- jQuery for the Control Panel
Ok, here's how this works. You want to link to a file (e.g. a PDF or a JPG) but the browser is loading it instead of actually downloading it into the users Downloads folder. Download File to the rescue!
### NEED SUPPORT? ###
Bail me up on Git Hub. https://github.com/bliswebagency/Download-File/issues
We’ve created a plugin which works in 2 parts:
1. It creates a URL which points to a special template designed to serve files
2. It automatically converts a template into a file serving machine!
1. Paths to your download files are hidden, with a BASE 64 string served instead
2. It’s free - as in beer, so enjoy.
3. It will prevent hotlinking! To do this you must be serving your files from a consistent domain e.g. www.mysite.com
Can I use this hotlinking preventing feature if I’m running a sub domain for my dev environment?
Yes, the restrict parameter is just looking for the existance of a string within the referring URL. For example
if you have:
You can just use restrict=“mysite.” to allow all three.
Download Blis Download File
|EE Version||Downloads||Add-On Version||Release Date|
|2.+||Download||1.0.1||2011-06-01 01:00 AM|
Blis Download File Links
This entry was created June 1, 2011, 11:34 am.
This entry was last updated August 20, 2011, 7:28 pm.
Disclaimer: Information about ExpressionEngine add-ons is provided as a service to you, the user, and every member of the ExpressionEngine community. devot:ee is not responsible if you hose, mangle, wreck, or otherwise destroy your EE website by installing an add-on that you found out about at this site, regardless of its rating, Favorites status, commercial or free status, or general popularity. Caveat EEmptor!